Your child’s safety is the Boys & Girls Club’s #1 priority!
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been able to keep our Boys & Girls Club community as safe as possible in the midst of a public health crisis by working together and following the guidance of public health experts.
Safety is Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley’s #1 priority, and your cooperation in following the guidance below will help us ensure the safety of our club community.
As a reminder:
PARENTS MUST WALK their children into the building for a member screening. Drop-offs at the curb ARE NOT PERMITTED!
During the screening, you and your child will have your temperature taken and will answer questions to determine whether you, your child, or anyone in your household or family unit:
- Is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Has traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
- Has been notified that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 and should self-quarantine.
- Has been instructed to test or tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Is waiting for COVID-19 test results after testing due to: exposure, symptoms, or suspected infection.
If a member of the household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, both the household member and your child should remain home until a negative test is received.
Answer all questions truthfully; false answers can result in your child being removed from the program.
As a reminder, we recommend these preventive actions every family should take to prevent exposure to COVID-19, influenza, and other viral airborne infections.
- Members must be symptom-free and meet the health screening requirements to attend the club.
- Stay home when you are sick and contact the branch immediately to inform of illness.
- If you are sick, take the necessary precautions to protect household members by wearing a mask, social distancing and clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Members who exhibit symptoms while at the club must be picked up immediately.
- The Club adheres to required reporting requirements and will notify OCHCA of any newly reported case of COVID-19 of members or staff.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a disinfectant cleaning spray or wipe. Club sites do this several times a day with Simple Green dPro5 that has been laboratory tested to kill the COVID-19 and influenza viruses.
- Follow Federal, State and local guidelines for using a face mask.
- Get vaccinated – authorized COVID-19 vaccinations help protect you from COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds each time you wash. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Parents, we have been in this together and we appreciate your efforts to help keep your children and the Club safe and healthy.
- Please notify your Unit Director if you receive any communications of exposure to COVID-19 from school or any other settings.
- If a member of the household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, your children must stay home until a negative COVID-19 test result is received.
- The Club will notify parents and Staff of any positive COVID-19 case in a cohort/classroom, and close contacts will be notified.
- Children with reported symptoms may be required to provide a doctor’s note, negative COVID-19 test, or self-isolate for 10 days to return to the Club.
- The Club will follow guidance on COVID-19 isolation and quarantine provided by the CDPH, County of Orange, which can be found at ochealthinfo.com.
Thank you for working together with the Boys & Girls Club to keep our Club community as safe and healthy as possible during this challenging time.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley Team
To help you keep your child safe and healthy both at the Club and in the community, we encourage you to review the following COVID-19 related safety materials: